White Bean Chicken Chili
Serve chili sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese and corn muffins on the side.
Yields: 4 servings
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Spartan Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Spartan Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Spartan Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Freshlike Corn
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup Dairy Fresh Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- In a deep pan heat one teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add diced chicken and stir frequently until cooked through to 165°F. Remove the chicken and return pan to stove.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Add garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and corn and cook for 5 additional minutes. Stir in hot sauce to taste.
Copyright 2013 © Busch's Inc. All rights reserved.