These easy appetizers may be made to the point of broiling and frozen up to 2
weeks. Thaw before broiling. Always cut your bread into triangles before broiling. Though it seems simpler, if you cut
them after broiling, the mixture will squeeze out of your sandwiches.
Yields: 60 Pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 3/4 Pound Portobello Mushrooms
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 White Bread
- 1/4 Pound Unsalted Butter
- Melt the teaspoon of
butter in a large sauté pan. Sauté onion over medium heat for three minutes. Add mushrooms, stir, and sauté an
additional two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cream cheese, garlic and Worcestershire to hot mushroom mixture
and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread mushroom mixture on half of the bread
slices. Cover with a second slice, making a sandwich. You should have about 15 sandwiches. Refrigerate until cold and
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush both sides of chilled sandwiches with melted butter. Cut each into 4 triangles and
place on a large baking sheet. Broil each side until lightly browned, about 45 seconds per side. Watch carefully to
avoid burning! Serve warm.
Copyright 2012 © Busch's Inc. All rights reserved.